From September 2021 through July 2022, the Montana Association of Conservation Districts, Montana Watershed Coordination Council and partners are reaching out across the state to ask: What more might be done to better support farmers and ranchers in managing soils in Montana?
Our purpose is to increase the pace and scale at which land stewards implement voluntary practices and systems to maintain and improve soil health, and thereby the long term economic and ecological vitality of agriculture in Montana. In August of 2022 we will produce and share a report on what was learned along with any recommendations that seem to emerge. All responses will be kept confidential and anonymous.
How to Participate
Your time is limited, and yet it’s a complex topic. Therefore outreach is scaled to adjust to your time and level of interest.
There are two basic ways that we hope you will participate
Take the short survey (less than 5 min) and, if you like:
- Take this more detailed survey version to provide more context to your responses
- If you would prefer to share your thoughts over the phone, email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time.
Attend one or more of seven in-person focus groups across the state in addition to at least one virtual option in spring 2022. Meetings will include lunch and take place from 11:00am to 2:00pm. Click here to RSVP to one or more.
List of 2022 Focus Groups
- Great Falls
- Wed. March 16th, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Holiday Village Mall Conference Room
- Miles City
- Wed. March 23th, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Miles Community College Room 106
- Thurs. April 14th, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Kalispell ImagineIF Library Community Room
- Fri. April 15th, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- National Guard Armory Classroom
- Wed. April 20th, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Livingston Food Resource Center Community Room
- Virtual Meeting
- Thurs. May 26th, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM